Monday, May 9, 2011

Frank Ocean-Nostalgia Ultra


Not down too much with Odd Future, but I definitely listen to Frank Ocean. He is clearly growing in popularity and I figured I'd post his Album, Nostalgia Ultra, which was released back in March, for anyone who hasn't given it a listen. 

It's dope, reminiscent of Drake, So Far Gone minus the rapping (and I could care less if he takes offense to it or if anyone disagrees... it does #shrugs lol). It's just mellow and I literally can listen to it from beginning to end without skipping one track. He has a good ear for production because all of the songs feature diverse samples and a sound of various musical genre's outside of typical contemporary R&B.  He also talks about so many various topics that many can relate to. I also like his voice because he can really sing.  So, needless to say he should be listened to. The Weeknd is worth a mention and listen too! 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...